Sr. Data Scientist – Time-Based Data, Machine Learning, NoSQL, Renewable Energy
Why should I apply here?
- Entrepreneurial startup funded by a large organization
- Executive team with a successful track record in the energy field
- Ground-floor opportunity to work on disruptive technology
- Technical challenges, new product development
- Collaborative environment with a think-outside-the-box mentality
- Excellent benefits, emphasis on work/life balance
What will I be doing?
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Using state-of-the-art methods for data mining
- Creating data collection procedures to gather data with third-party sources of information on an automated basis
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Performing ad hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Developing a deep learning model, whose forecasted values interface with the company’s automated operations
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S./M.S. in a relevant field (Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or Statistics)
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms (k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.)
- Familiarity with common data science toolkits (R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (D3.js, GGplot, QGIS, etc.)
- Proficiency in using relational databases (PostgreSQL, MS SQL, etc.)
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Hadoop/HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Applied statistics skills (distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-iteration environment
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Background working in Power Generation, Power Marketing, or any Financial Markets
Location: Dallas, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 100 – 140k + Bonus (up to 15%), 401k Match (up to 9%), Excellent Medical Benefits, and PTO