Data Engineer – AWS, ETL, Python, Data Pipelines, Data Warehousing, Domain Leader
Why should I apply here?
- A record year for revenue, next year is expected to be even better
- Executive management with past successes and expertise in market niche
- Established client base, including Fortune 500 companies
- Leader in its technology domain after six years in business
- Dedicated to saving their clients time and money through a digital revolution of space
- Cutting-edge technologies: cloud, social networking, SaaS, data analytics, mobile
What will I be doing?
- Taking responsibility for developing and sustaining the data warehousing and processing workflows for the data team. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with our Data Scientists and Data Analysts on normalizing and aggregating large data sets based on business and product requirements
- Building, architecting, and maintaining data pipelines for organizing data from multiple sources to improve efficiency of data team reporting and analysis
- Designing and managing the testing and production AWS environments of data workflows during development and deployment of data products
- Ensuring that data and aggregation workflows feeding into our products are tested and monitored for data integrity
- Implementing and maintaining data governance processes as well as security around sensitive data within the data team environment.
- Driving the acceptance and ingestion of newly acquired data sets while following data governance and normalization requirements of existing data
What skills/experiences do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of experience in data, data engineering, or data science roles
- Proficiency with SQL, familiarity with Python and AWS
- Background designing, developing, and maintaining data warehousing and ETL workflows
- Strong analytical and communication skills
What will make my resume stand out?
- NoSQL data and unstructured data experience
- Background working with large datasets
- Experience in retail, SaaS, mobile, marketing technology or other digital business
Location: Dallas, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This firm is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 80 – 100k