Big Data Engineer – Hadoop, Scalable Systems, Disruptive Startup
Why should I apply here?
- Great opportunity to grow your skills in Big Data
- Startup with mature roots from a large parent company
- New product development, technical challenges
- Passionate management team with a successful track record
- Ground-floor opportunity to work on disruptive technology
- Cubicles, collaborative environment, think-outside-the-box mentality
- Excellent benefits, high retention rate, work/life balance
What will I be doing?
- Architecting, designing, and implementing highly scalable Big Data systems
- Designing and developing Big Data analytical applications
- Evaluating and implementing ETL processes for analytics and data management
- Gathering and processing raw data at scale (scripting, API integration)
- Integrating data from multiple data sources
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years of data engineering experience
- Experience working with Big Data systems
- Background designing and developing Big Data applications
- Proficiency in Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, or equivalent
- Strong understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Ability to collaborate, excellent communication skills
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Familiarity with Unix-based operating systems
- Experience working with Python / Scala
- Background in the energy industry
- Hands-on, working knowledge of MySQL
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (Tableau or Power BI)
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
Location: Dallas, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship.
Salary: 100 – 130k + 401K Match + Benefits